Arizona Association of
The mission of school psychologists is to promote educationally and psychologically healthy environments for all children and youth by implementing research-based, effective programs that prevent problems, enhance independence, and promote optimal learning.
AASP Call for Board Nominations
Are you passionate about the field and future of school psychology? Are you committed to promoting the profession in the state of Arizona? Would you like to become more involved in leadership of our state organization? If so, consider running for an AASP Board position. The nomination and election process for the AASP Executive Board of 2018-19 is officially underway. Nominations are open for the following positions:
· President-Elect (three-year term as President-Elect, President, and Past-President): The president-elect serves initially as “vice- president” of the association. The president is responsible for organizing the annual conference, presiding over four Executive Board meetings a year and over the annual Association meeting, monitoring the work of committees, and 3 planning for the future of the association. As past-president, this leader is responsible for awards and elections and for assisting the current president and the board.
· Secretary (two-year term): The secretary is responsible for accurately recording all association proceedings, including writing minutes of all Executive Board and Executive Leadership Committee meetings and the Annual Meeting of the association. The secretary ensures that policies and procedures of the association are implemented, reviews initiatives from meeting to meeting to determine when they are completed, issues calls for and notices of all meetings and maintains book of association policies and the Procedures Manual of the association.
· One Regional Director from each of the four regions (two-year terms): Each region (North, Central, South, and West) is represented on the Executive Board by two Regional Directors, elected in alternating years. In addition to attending and participating in all Board Meetings, Regional Directors maintain contact with association members in their regions, recruit new members, plan and host regional events, and participate on association committees.
All nominees must be current Full or Retired members of AASP. Nominations must be submitted on or before midnight March 1, 2018 to past-president, Samara Way, at email@example.com. Self-nominations are encouraged.
Nominations should include (1) the name of the person being nominated, (2) the office for which he or she is being nominated, and (3) the nominee’s contact information including phone number and email address. If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please make sure that the person is willing to be nominated. Each nominee will be asked to complete a questionnaire providing background information and a statement of goals/vision for the association.
NASP Advocacy Action Center
1. Visit The NASP Advocacy Page to find all of NASP's current Legislative alerts.
2. Click on the blue title of one of these alerts, and this will bring you to a new page.
3. Input your personal information in the pre-existing boxes to send the letter to Congress. The Advocacy Action Center will find your members of Congress automatically by your zip code.
4. If you check the box "Remember me" at the bottom of the page , it will remember this information.
5. Press "submit" on this page and a new page will appear with a draft subject line and message to e-mail to congress. You may keep this subject line and message or choose to edit it.
6. When you are finished editing the letter, press "Submit" and you will receive a confirmation that your letter was sent.
7. From the confirmation page, press "Back to main page" to return to the home page and submit the rest of the letters.